Re: plugged in thumb drive, which disconnected another USB drive

Quoting Curt (curty@free.fr):
> On 2015-03-12, Mike Kupfer <m.kupfer@acm.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is that Iomega USB drive healthy?

Do you mean "was it healthy before this incident"
or are you expressing concern for its health since
being disconnected.

Yes, I'd certainly think the latter, and fsck/chkdsk it.

> > I haven't noticed any other issues with it, and I do scan
> > /var/log/syslog for warning and error messages.  That said, the drive
> > *is* 5 years old, and I'd been planning to replace it this year just
> > based on its age.  Maybe I should do that sooner rather than later.
>
> I think you got some error messages (the ones you showed us).

It might help if you'd quote the lines you're worried about, rather
than just referring us all back to a long list of diagnostics.

Cheers,
David.