Re: How can I force a full fsck on a remote system at next reboot?

Quoting Jape Person (japers@comcast.net):
> On 03/12/2015 06:00 AM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> >* Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> [2015-03-11 20:44 +0000]:
> >
> >>On 2015-03-11, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
> >[...]
> >>
> >>Those options are indeed available in the case of the wheezy version of
> >>/sbin/shutdown, which belongs to the sysvinit package.
> >
> >I am running sid / sysvinit here.
> >
> >$ dpkg -l | grep systemd
> >ii  libsystemd0:amd64
> >
> >Elimar
> >
> Hi, Elimar.
>
> So, are you suggesting that this shutdown function (-F, for forcing
> fsck at boot) is available with the shutdown command if I switch
> from systemd-sysv to sysvinit, or that it is available regardless of
> init system in Sid?

If you run systemd, halt, poweroff, reboot and shutdown are all links
to systemctl. No -F option.

If you run sysvinit, you should have package sysvinit-core installed,
wherein halt (poweroff, reboot) and shutdown are binaries. Their
manpages indicate support for -F.

I can't check whether it then actually works because this laptop is
running systemd; though I may be reverting for reasons that I might
outline in a different thread, perhaps "No feedback from systemd ..."

Cheers,
David.