Re: Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

On 12/03/2015, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-03-11, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:
>>
>>> or, otherwise, interface with
>>> the UEFI/GPT system, so that the bootloader, GRUB 2, can find the MS
>>> Win8 installation within the UEFI system?
>>
>> Probably not. At least not the Windows boot manager, which expects to be
>> loaded from UEFI.
>>

> So he cannot dual boot in his situation?  I think that's what he wants
> to do, once the commas are removed.
>
> ;-)

I can "dual boot", within the Legacy BIOS system; I can select either
Debian Linux 7, or, Ubuntu Linux 14.04, into which, to boot, from the
Legacy BIOS GRUB menu.

I had wanted for each of the three operating systems; MS Win8, Debian
Linux 7, and, Ubuntu Linux 14.04, to appear as options, in the same
bootloader menu, so that I could select, from the single bootloader
menu, one of them, into which to boot.

But that appears now, to be not an available option, I believe,
without replacing the Setup Utility, that has been previoously
specified.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale