Re: Installing Jessie on a computer that current has Windows 7 on it

On 20150310_1157-0500, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Paul E Condon (pecondon@mesanetworks.net):
> > I have NO interest in dual boot. I simply want to wipe the disk and install
> > Jessie. I have last weeks weekly build of debian-testing-i3k6-xfce-CD-1.iso.
> > I starts nicely like I have seen many times before, but when I get to
> > partitoning the HD there is trouble. It won't overwrite the NTFS partitions
> > that contain Windows 7. I think I have read about this and there is some
> > special trick, but I can't find it. Please, someone. Help. Point me to the
> > directions.
>
> I'd love to help but don't understand where your problem is. The
> installer's partitioner does more than just partition disks.
>
> Do you use expert install? If so, what messages do you see on VC4?

Yes, I use expert install because I want to have static IP addresses.
I have been doing that since Etch or Sarge.

I did not look at VC4 when this happened. In the past, I had always
seen a list of package names scrolling by. It didn't occur to me
that it was for error messages. I've learned something valuable.
Thanks.