Re: Debian 7 and UEFI/GPT

Quoting Bret Busby (bret.busby@gmail.com):

> I have now found that, against my wishes, the Linux installations were
> done as "legacy BIOS" installations, instead of UEFI/GPT
> installations, so I now have a system that (after repairing the nasty
> PC-BSD installation damage) kind of works, but, the UEFI/GPT part of
> the system, is not seen by the Linux part of the system.

How did you express your wishes, and how did Debian contradict them?
It would help to file a bug report if there's a genuine problem,
especially at this time when the installer is having its problems
ironed out before its release.

> Does Debian Linux 7 amd64, install as a UEFI/GPT operating system, or,
> is it strictly a "legacy BIOS"/FAT/MBR system, and, if Debian Linux 7
> amd64 can install and/or operate as a UEFI/GPT system, can my
> apparently "legacy BIOS" installation of Debian Linux 7 amd64, be
> converted to a UEFI/GPT installation, or, otherwise, interface with
> the UEFI/GPT system, so that the bootloader, GRUB 2, can find the MS
> Win8 installation within the UEFI system?

Googling   debian installer uefi   returns as hit #2
https://wiki.debian.org/GrubEFIReinstall
Is this of help to you?

Cheers,
David.