Re: iceweasal vs long urls. Long url wins, iceweasal doesn't

On Wednesday 11 March 2015 00:09:45 Dan Purgert wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:31:31 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > [lotsa snipping]
> >
> > Now, I gotta go find some PVC fittings.  Anybody know where I can
> > find a circular saw that can cut an 19" diameter hole in a 40+ yo
> > concrete floor?  That will at least start the 23" deep, 18" diameter
> > sump pit needed. ;-)
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Local tool rental place, personally I'd use one of the small /
> independent outfits instead of a big-box store (such as Home Depot).
>
> Though it's loads easier cutting a square hole than a round one.

True, if you don't mind the dust.  In this case the sump pit is a heavy
fiber re-enforced plastic casting. That I've already perforated with
about 500 1/8" drill holes. It needs an 18" diameter hole, 23" deep to
sit in. As for the dust, I have a 75 yo lady with an advancing case of
COPD to consider on the 1st floor.  The dust from a diamond saw would
not be good on either set of lungs.

So I expect the concrete will be punched with a spud bar, and carried out
in a 5 gallon bucket.  Or possibly rent an electric jackhammer.  I
should cut a plywood circle to be used as a test fitter, and once the
concrete is out, a clamshell post hole digger can extract the rest of
the hole.  Dirt/clay disposal isn't a problem as I've some low spots in
the back yard that could stand leveling up.  It is carrying it up the
steps w/o making a huge mess of muddy footprints, and how many times I
can do it with my arthritically damaged back that controls how long it
will take.

I rigged a 40 year old Gast carbon vane pump with a sucker intake made
out of a jar lid and left it run all night. Looks like it put 50 gallons
of the water down the tub drain running overnight.  Or more.  It finally
ran out of cooling water so I turned it off & restarted the
dehumidifiers just now.

TMI, and off topic.  Thats life, for as long as you have it...

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)