Xfce Not Closing

Greetings,

I'm running Xfce 4.10 on Jessie. After booting, I log into the console
with my user account, start my network interface, then run "startx" to
run Xfce. When I select the "Logout" menu option, I get prompted with a
list of choices (Logout, Reboot, Shutdown), none of which seem to do
anything. It acts as everything is working properly, but nothing ever
happens. As in, the system never logs out, shutsdown, or reboots. I
have to open a terminal and "killall xinit" to get back to my logged-in
console prompt.

Does anyone have tips on to how to solve this?

Thanks!