Re: Xfce Not Closing

On 3/8/15, Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm running Xfce 4.10 on Jessie. After booting, I log into the console
> with my user account, start my network interface, then run "startx" to
> run Xfce. When I select the "Logout" menu option, I get prompted with a
> list of choices (Logout, Reboot, Shutdown), none of which seem to do
> anything. It acts as everything is working properly, but nothing ever
> happens. As in, the system never logs out, shutsdown, or reboots. I
> have to open a terminal and "killall xinit" to get back to my logged-in
> console prompt.
>
> Does anyone have tips on to how to solve this?

Sorry, no tips here, just chiming in that it's occurring for me, too,
on *Sid*. Just on Application Menu > Log Out > Log Out. NOT on Restart
or Shut Down.

Have NOT tried the other two (Suspend and Hibernate). Will *TRY* to
remember to do so later this afternoon but am having to (successfully)
shut down to move outside this second. :)

Unfortunately just hadn't pulled it together to nose around to see
what might help fix it, primarily because I haven't needed log out
until just coincidentally yesterday.. SOME of it happening early on
for me turned out to be *potentially* about pertinent hidden files not
existing under my user's home directory...

Sorry, wish I had more in the way of a resolution but figured it
wouldn't hurt to commiserate to show it's not just you.. :)

Cindy :)

PS Just for kicks but not sure that it lends any insight here, uname -a:

Linux northpole 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt4-3
(2015-02-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Will be doing another debootstrap in next couple days. Mostly just to
make sure that method continues to be successful for users. Going that
route becomes a logical step on this end when Sid experiences an
active upgrade week. Some 75 packages needed upgraded anyway a few
days ago, and that count has surely grown in the 2 or 3 days since..
:)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* Oh, the weather outside is gorgeous... *