Re: Jessie sufficiently stable for general use?

On Thursday 05 March 2015 07:17:25 Bob Proulx wrote:
> Having said that you might just want to go ahead and test the new
> Jessie installer.  Can't hurt.  It will either work (install
> successfully) or it won't.  Either way you will have learned something
> and can plan for it.  If it fails then please make an installation
> report with the details of the problems.

A few weeks ago I used the Jessie RC1 Installer, the day after it was
released.  I loved it.  It was IMHO nicer than the Wheezy one, easier to use
for what I wanted it for (I did not want to install Gnome, but it looked as
though it would have catered well for other quirks).  If you want to install
Jessie, don't faff around with the Wheezy installer and upgrading, just go
for it!  Just my 2p.

FWIW, I am enjoying Jessie so much (on my TV box) that my desktop, still on
Wheezy, is going to be upgraded sooner than I had intended.

Lisi