Re: alternative to avidemux?

On 03/03/2015 18:05, Dan Ritter wrote:
subtitles:

- gnome-subtitles (1.2-4 in Wheezy)
- aegisub (2.1.9-1 in Wheezy)
- subtitlecomposer (0.5.3-3 in Wheezy)
These are for editing the subtitle files. I use aegisub, and it’s great. But none of these software can burn the subtitles into the images.

lossless cuts:

- gopchop  (1.1.8-5 in Wheezy) - MPEG2 only
- possibly OpenShot, if you stay in the right format
I didn’t know about gopchop. Sounds interesting. However nowadays my main need is to cut mp4 videos (h264/aac) and occasionally some avi (xvid/mp3). Last time I checked, OpenShot didn’t have a direct copy/remux function (without reencoding). I still can’t find it in 1.4.3. Did I miss something?