Re: USB keyboard required replugging--how to avoid?

On 02/03/15 08:22 AM, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
Hi, i have a USB keyboard that, every week or three, will drop off, and require replugging to work again. It is immediately recognized and works fine after I do this This was the case on a previous Wheezy system, and it still happens on a Jessie box I built.

The problem is that the new box has hard-to-access USB ports, so in order to replug the keyboard, I have to remove a panel, so its not just a quick step.

I realize that there's probably no easy solution--if the keyboard doesn't respond, i cant enter a command to re-recognize it--but are there any things i can try that would help prevent this from happening in the first place?

In order to fix a problem, you first need to identify what is causing it. Is there any log entry(s) related to the keyboard?