Getty Issue

Hello list!
This is my  first e-mail to this ML, so please be patient.

SYSTEM:
I am working on a deboostrapped chrooted Debian Wheezy on our board (ARM based - i.MX28 SoC Processor). This board has USB Host A type connector, USB - OTG (microUSB) Device connector, a LVDS display, external microSD Card and internal 2 Gbytes eMMC chip.

I built this system in late 2012 and everything seems to be working ok.

Now I am achieving to use a usb-keyboard in my application @ startup (rc.local). My application is Qt-based (Qt 4.8.2).

The Qt keyboard driver is looking for tty1 as input device.

Now the problem:

the /etc/inittab has this line:

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1

so I can plug-in a usb-keyboard and I can login in this machine, and this is good.

But, the Qt application is ignoring every keypress/release in the USB keyboard because everything is passed to the getty/login program.

It would be good if I duplicate all inputs from the usb-keyboard to go to the getty __AND__ the Qt application.

How can achieve that?

My kernel commandline has:

console=tty0

as the last command, just to be sure I can see the debian booting into the LCD Screen.

Any hint or helpful trick will be greatly appreciated.

Last but not least, just for your reference, if I comment out the /etc/inttab line (so not having any getty login on tty1) my Qt Application is working good.

Best regards,
--
Eurek s.r.l.                          |
Electronic Engineering                | http://www.eurek.it