Re: Very small fonts in KDE after installing Nvidia drivers

On 2015-02-26, James Allsopp <jamesaallsopp@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I can't run nvidia-settings as I can't read the text,
>
> Any ideas what changes I need to make to fix this please?

Searching, I find

sudo nvidia-xconfig --no-use-edid-dpi

which generates a etc/X11/xorg.conf file disabling the DPI info from the
monitor's EDID.

Then you would edit the xorg.conf file's monitor section and put
something agreeable here:

Option "DPI" "96 x 96"

I guess the DPI ratio should correspond to your TV's resolution (or
something).  In other words, unless you got a square TV, 96 x 96 is
probably not the way you want to go.

HTH.

--

"Meaning is not in things but in between; in the iridescence, the interplay: in
the interconnections; at the intersections, at the crossroads. Meaning is