Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 19:33:40 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2015 19:19:28 Brian wrote:
> >
> > The OP declared he was using Wheezy and KDE. TDE is now part of Wheezy?
> >
> > That's all apart from the assertion that TDE can communicate with CUPS
> > in some manner unknown to Wheezy. Can we call it Magic; the normal
> > operation of programs alters when TDE springs into action.
>
> No, of course not Brian.  You may prefer KDE4, and you may prefer only to use
> main, contrib and nonfree, but there isn't any law about it, there's no need
> to mock those who use other software, and it certainly isn't magic.  It
> clearly isn't Wheezy that is the problem, but that has been obvious from the
> beginning.  It may be Okular and Evince.  The printer seems to work anyway.

I use fvwm, if it is of any interest or significance. I use cups; users
with other WMs or DEs also use cups. There is is no mocking, simply a
question - does cups work in the same way in all these environments? If
it doesn't we can throw determinism away.

I agree, Wheezy isn't the problem. Does TDE solve the problem? The answer
to the question in the first paragraph might determine your response.

Now - if Wheezy isn't the problem, where can the solution be found?
Importing software from elsewhere into Wheezy dosen't seem quite right.