Re: Docbook and Debian - migration from DSSL to XSL stylesheets

On Qua, 25 Fev 2015, Markos wrote:
Could you possibly give me some tips on how to use the xlstproc in Debian Squeeze?

The man page has all the details, but it is pretty simple anyway.

I think that I should install this package: apt-get install xsltproc

Yes. And also the package with the XSL stylesheets, which, for Docbook 4, is docbook-xsl.

And what changes I should do in the header of my source documents?

None. Unless you would want to update to a newer version, but that is not necessary. And it would need more changes than simply the header.

And what command I should run to generate the html files?

Again, man xsltproc has the details, but basically something like

xsltproc /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/xhtml/chunk.xsl file.xml

There are other stylesheets, such as for HTML 4, XHTML 1.1, and also stylesheets that output everything in a single html file. See the documentation under /usr/share/doc/docbook-xsl for more details.
--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br