Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On 2015-02-25, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Gene said
>>
>>  No change, both evince and okular show duplex as disabled. *I did set it
>>  in localhost:631/printers/printer/set defaults.  No problem there.  It
>>  will print a cups test page ok*, and the colors look ok in the wheel
>>  there.  But no other app can detect that it is duplex capable.
>
> Thanks, Curt.  But the CUPS test page is not duplex, is it?
>
> Lisi

Well, I labored under the assumption that if you set duplex as a default
in the CUPS web interface and then print a test page with some
duplex-amenable material, you get a duplex test page, and I thought
that's exactly what Gene was saying above.  If it wasn't, why say
anything about a test page that prints a single-sided page, because
we've known the printer could do that from the very beginning (88
pages etc...)?

--

"The world is full of shipping clerks who have read the Harvard Classics."

— Charles Bukowski