Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Monday, February 23, 2015 10:20:38 AM Brian wrote:

Second reply. cd'ing to /etc/cups and issueing an ls -l,
only the file for a B&W laser I use for non color stuff is owned by
root:sys, all other files are owned by root:root.

What is the proper ownership & group for those files?  Perhaps as a user,
I am being denied access to them?  Something to check at any rate.

> On Sun 22 Feb 2015 at 18:30:46 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > This?
> >
> > BRDuplex/Two-Sided: DuplexTumble *DuplexNoTumble None
>
> As set from Administration/Set Default options on the Printers page of
> localhost:631, we suppose.
>
> It is tempting to think that
>
>   lp -o BRDuplex=DuplexNoTumble <file>
>
> or
>
>   lp <file>
>
> gives double-sided printing.
>
> > See above, I believe we are on the same page.
>
> We are. It is interesting that CUPS always displays "sides=one-sided"
> on the "Defaults:" line even when setting the default options and
> altering the PPD file as shown by lpoptions.
>
> The duplex section of the PPD has
>
>   *%=== BRDuplex ================================
>   *OpenUI *BRDuplex/Two-Sided: PickOne
>   *OrderDependency: 25 AnySetup *BRDuplex
>   *BRDefaultDuplex: None
>   *BRDuplex DuplexTumble/Short-Edge Binding: "          "
>   *BRDuplex DuplexNoTumble/Long-Edge Binding: "          "
>   *BRDuplex None/Off: "          "
>   *CloseUI: *BRDuplex
>
> When all instances of "BR" are removed and CUPS restarted the options
> for Two-sided in Page Setup become available in evince and iceweasel.
> Only you can test whether this leads to the desired printing outcome,

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)