Re: Okular vs printer, okular 1, printer 0

On Sun 22 Feb 2015 at 18:30:46 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> This?
>
> BRDuplex/Two-Sided: DuplexTumble *DuplexNoTumble None

As set from Administration/Set Default options on the Printers page of
localhost:631, we suppose.

It is tempting to think that

  lp -o BRDuplex=DuplexNoTumble <file>

or

  lp <file>

gives double-sided printing.

> See above, I believe we are on the same page.

We are. It is interesting that CUPS always displays "sides=one-sided" on
the "Defaults:" line even when setting the default options and altering
the PPD file as shown by lpoptions.

The duplex section of the PPD has

  *%=== BRDuplex ================================
  *OpenUI *BRDuplex/Two-Sided: PickOne
  *OrderDependency: 25 AnySetup *BRDuplex
  *BRDefaultDuplex: None
  *BRDuplex DuplexTumble/Short-Edge Binding: "          "
  *BRDuplex DuplexNoTumble/Long-Edge Binding: "          "
  *BRDuplex None/Off: "          "
  *CloseUI: *BRDuplex

When all instances of "BR" are removed and CUPS restarted the options
for Two-sided in Page Setup become available in evince and iceweasel.
Only you can test whether this leads to the desired printing outcome,