Re: Installation Debian 7.8

Quoting David Christensen (dpchrist@holgerdanske.com):
> On 02/21/2015 07:31 PM, Sergio Castellón wrote:
> >I’d like to ask the following, I’m downloading the lates Debian 7.8, but I see 8 cd.iso files, do I have to download them all for a full insulation on my laptop?
> >I’d appreciate your response
>
> If you have a broadband Internet connection available during
> installing, I'd download the netinst* image -- it's enough to get
> the installation going, and then pulls just what you need off the
> Internet for the rest of the installation:
>
>     https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
>
>     Small CDs or USB sticks
>

> The CD/ DVD sets are best when you have no or slow Internet access,
> or you want to install repeatedly or on multiple machines.

If you have multiple machines, it's worth running apt-cacher-ng on
the one that's usually running (if wheezy, use the backports version).

Then add a line like
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://192.168.1.N:3142/";;
to /etc/apt/apt.conf on each machine (where N is the address of your
caching host). Now packages will be downloaded only once; the others
will use the cache.

On repeating an installation, replying http://192.168.1.N:3142/ to
the question "HTTP proxy:" fills in /etc/apt/apt.conf automatically.

Cheers,
David.