Where to report bug? Headphones must be plugged in then out after boots for built-in speakers to have sound.

debian-user@lists.debian.org,

I tried report-bug, but it said if I don't know the name of the package to email
this email address for assistance, if I don't know the name of package with this bug

Headphones* must be plugged in after boot-up before any sound is produced from
built-in speakers on notebook.

I have a Dell Latitude D830 notebook, using Debian 8, and KDE for desktop
environment.
When I boot up I don't get any sound from the laptops speakers until I plug in
and out my headphones.
I've tried playing with the volume/mute settings before the plugging in of
headphone, but changing the volume, mute/unmute doesn't have any effects until
the headphones get plugged in. Then it works normally.

If it boots up without any headphones* plugged in sound should play from the
laptop's built in speakers unless headphones are plugged in.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in reporting this bug,

BryanFRitt@HotMail.com

*I suppose technically it could be anything plugged into that jack, just calling
it headphones here