Re: "This call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes"

On 02/17/2015 07:57 PM, David Christensen wrote:
debian-user:

I live in California, USA.  I'm looking for Internet service providers,
domain registrars, web hosting providers, e-mail hosting providers,
virtual private server providers, etc., that respect California's
communications privacy laws [1], by not monitoring or recording customer
telephone calls.  I prefer dealing with providers that can accept
payment in United States dollars.

These providers do not seem to monitor or record customer telephone calls:

     qnet.com - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

These providers seem to monitor or record customer telephone calls:

     godaddy.com - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

     he.net - Fremont, California, USA *

    domain.com - Burlington, Massachusetts, USA

    name.com - Denver, Colorado, USA

    networksolutions.com - Herndon, Virginia, USA

* = provider will call back on an unmonitored/ unrecorded line if
requested.

These providers do not seem to provide a customer service telephone number on their web site:

    dreamhost.com - Brea, California, USA

    gandi.net - Paris, France

    namecheap.com - Los Angeles, California, USA

Please "Reply to List" and add/ update entries that you know of.

If you are a provider and feel that you are incorrectly listed above,
please either "Reply to List" or reply to me off-list and I will forward
your message to the list.

TIA,

David