Re: 32bit compatibility for NVidia binary drivers in wheezy+backports

 Hi.

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:41:54 +0100
Aleksandar Dimitrov <aleks.dimitrov@gmail.com> wrote:

> But if I try to install the 32 bit compatibility package from multiarch…
>
> > % aptitude install -t wheezy-backports nvidia-kernel-dkms:i386

Are you sure that you need to do this? This will install DKMS'ed nvidia
kernel module source and all it's i386 dependencies, including i386-only
toolchain.

Even if you manage to build such kernel module, it just won't load into
your kernel due to architecture mismatch.

> The same if I try to install any other part of the NVidia driver. For example:
>
> > % aptitude install -t wheezy-backports libgl1-nvidia-glx:i386

And that's not impossible. libgl1-nvidia-glx depend on
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia.

And xserver-xorg-video-nvidia is not Multiarch-aware, i.e. you cannot
co-install xserver-xorg-video-nvidia:i386 and
xserver-xorg-video-nvidia:amd64 at the same time.

> Is there a way to install without a dist-upgrade (or pinning) to jessie?

There's one. Make i386-only chroot with debootstrap, install
nvidia-glx:i386 in there.

Reco