fuse library and ntfs ?

Mounting an NTFS partition as a user was set-up and working properly.
the partition is ON MY HARDDISK.  a lot of what i'm reading about the problem seems to be associated with usb sticks (??)

upgraded (i'm running wheezy)

now i get this :

Unprivileged user can not mount NTFS block devices using the external FUSE
library. Either mount the volume as root, or rebuild NTFS-3G with integrated
FUSE support and make it setuid root. Please see more information at
http://tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/#unprivileged

so there is a very long thread under bug reports about this problem in conjunction with a usb drive or stick.

and at the end of it all I still don't have a solution to the problem.

from the web page

nprivileged block device mounts work only if all the below requirements are met:

    ntfs-3g is compiled with integrated FUSE support
it's not showing up as a module. says integrated, i've long forgotten how to check to see if something's integrated into the kernel at this point.

    the ntfs-3g binary is at least version 1.2506
i'm not sure, here's the debian package version : 1:2012.1.15AR.5-2.1

    the ntfs-3g binary is set to setuid-root
well i didn't do that. i guess i should, but why is it i don't think that's actually going to fix my problem. let me go try that. nope - doesn't fix the problem.

    the user has access right to the volume
yep.

    the user has access right to the mount point
yep.

happy to follow a link to the solution

Thanks,

Brian