Re: Upgrading Kernel - Out of Disk Space

On Thursday 12 February 2015 09:46:35 Jochen Spieker wrote:
> > I'm not sure why the automatic partitioner didn't provide
> > for enough space for future updates. See below for the relevant logs.
>
> There's been several complaints about similar issues on this list. I am
> not sure whether there were any recent changes in debian-installer to
> solve that. Now there's still time to report bugs before jessie is
> released.

This has gone on for years, ever since I have installed Debian.  Someone (some
people) among the debian-installer developers must, I think, regard it as a
feature, not a bug.  It forced me into manual partitioning several versions
back.  Before that, I used to solve the problem by partitioning with the
PCLinuxOS installer before installing Debian.  At that time, I couldn't
understand dedicated partitioners. ;-)

Lisi