Re: Canon PIXMA MG 2922 and 64-bit Debian Wheezy

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 08:36:38 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>On 2015-02-10, brian <brian@meadows.pair.com> wrote:
>>

>> Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a working driver for the Canon
>> PIXMA MP 2922 printer/scanner/copier?
>>
>Which driver(s) from which site did you download and install?

The scanner driver was here (it was a reference from a Ubuntu forum)

>http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100627102.html

and when unpacked, this gave me .DEBs for AMD 64 and i386,

Similarly for the printer driver.

>I found this:
>
>http://printerdriverseries.com/canon-pixma-mg2900-series-driver/

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this site.

>Seems like there is a driver for the printing function and a separate
>one for the scanning function.

Yes, that's correct.

>At the above link there are both deb packages
>and source files, so if push is coming to shove perhaps you could try
>compiling the driver(s).

Probably the source is the way to go. I'll give that a try, Thanks for
the help.

Brian.