Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On 02/04/2015 04:03 AM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
On Wed, Feb 04 2015,Ric Moore wrote:

On 02/04/2015 02:13 AM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

How does one go about fixing broken packages?  I've recently started
using debian and apart some fiddling to get the latest emacs24.4 on
wheezy I have not done anything on the system.  When I tried to
install libcurl4, I get the following error.

As root user, apt-get install synaptic
Let it install your programs for you. It's a great GUI package tool,
that most use. It's point n click and installs all dependences for
you. Ric

err...right.  But will synaptic fix the above issue at all that I have
currently?  And does it matter that I'm using  KDE version of debian
(debian-kde iso live cd version)

YOU broke things when you installed an experimental package to wheezy and then proceeded to erase experimental from your sources list. If you must have that version of <cough cough> emacs then install Jessie cleanly, as in a fresh install. You can't easily put a size 12 foot into a size 10 shoe and not expect pain. Nor, do we expect the unpaid developers to spend their time to maintain a complete list of depends for the one user who would install an experimental version of something to wheezy.

Here is what you had to have read:
"Quoting the Debian FAQ: "project/experimental/: This directory contains packages and tools which are still being developed, and are still in the alpha testing stage. Users shouldn't be using packages from here, because they can be dangerous and harmful even for the most experienced people."

You have been warned

Unlike the Debian Releases unstable and testing, experimental isn't a complete distribution. Even if there are a lot less consistency requirements for packages in experimental, they are autobuilt on the best effort basis by official Debian Package Auto-Building infrastructure. "

It's not even built by humans. :/ Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html