Re: Linux based cellphones?

be careful with that as seems there is no working kernel at the moment - ask guys at Golden Delicious. And even the QTMoko dissapeared and the other distribution SHR is dead too. Unfortunately nobody taking care to continue this work.
Take a look at Jolla or FirefoxOS devices. I would propose you the FirefoxOS as it seems most promising open sourced OS for mobile devices build on top of Linux and Gecko kernels.

https://jolla.com
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/os/devices/

Unfortunately none of those are completely open sourced. The last one was the OpenMoko GTA02. GTA04 has some closed sourced components AFAIK, but check with them.

--
Peter Viskup