Re: debian package policy?

> Hi Hans,
>
> Generally, new & updated packages are uploaded to unstable, and then
> automatically transition to testing once certain conditions are met.
>
> Testing is where each release is taken from. At certain points in the
> release cycle, packages are automatically removed from testing when they
> have Release Critical bugs.
>
> If the maintainer is not able to fix the bugs in time (it must
> transition from unstable to testing again), it is possible that the
> release will happen without the package.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ross

Hi Ross,

I understand. Packages with critical bugs, which cannot be fixed in time, are
removed from testing to prevent these to move into stable. Yes, that is
logical.

And to add them again, those packages are added again into unstable, to repeat
the checking process again.

That makes sense for me.

Well, this answers my question. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Hans

P.S. One more thing, I love debian!