Re: Installing Debian on a Mac

On 01/26/2015 06:24 AM, Jonathan Copeland wrote:
Hi Debian Community

I am a student and need to have Debian installed on my Mac for my degree,
What is the best and most secure way of doing this?

Thank you so much

___
Jonathan Michael Copeland
// @jonmcopeland

Having done similar things over the last few years, I strongly suggest you install Oracles Virtualbox. It's freeware and works better than anything else I have found. Dual boot is a real pain in the ???. Separate hard drives (my lap top installation) is better but ties up a lot of disk space. With Virtualbox, if you don't like the installation, uninstall vb and everything goes poof. You only use as much disk space as you need. With VB turned off your computer is back to normal.

Gary R