Duel Booting Debian on a Mac

Hi Debian Community

I am a student at the University of Pretoria and I need to have Debian installed on my Mac for my degree,

The only requirements that we’ve been notified of are that we’re meant to be able to run Debian in our Computers
and that we are to be able to submit Projects.

I’d like to partition the disk and install Debian in a duel boot using 100gb, like when you duel Boot to Windows.

My Mac’s details are the following;
15” Macbook Pro retina
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
500gb SSD

What’s the best and safest way that I can do this?

Thanks:)

___
Jonathan Michael Copeland
// @jonmcopeland