Re: Can't boot from pendrive

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

>  http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/
>
> I downloaded the file debian-7.8.0-i386-netinst.iso and copied it
> onto a pendrive with:
>
>  $ dd if=debian-7.8.0-i386-netinst.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=4M; sync
>
> , but then can't boot from it even though the BIOS is - apparently -
> configured so to do that.  Why?

Some computers contain buggy BIOS versions. Booting from pendrive did
not work on my previous 32-bit PC either, even though the BIOS was set
to do so. Fortunately, it does on my new 64-bit PC.

If it does not work in your PC (did booting from pendrive _ever_ work
with it?), then there are still a couple of other options you can try,
as described here (section 3.6.2, last two paragraphs):
www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch03s06.html.en#boot-dev-select