Re: Screwed up Jessie Gnome display, no vga - A Klutz Fix

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:32:42AM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I'm using an old HP desktop, no hdmi. On bootup display is too wide in
> both console and Gnome displays.  Monitor controls cannot correct this
> so I experimented with the display control in Gnome. Somehow I turned
> off the vga signal.  If I restart gdm3 the Gnome login window appears
> but after login the screen goes black and the no vga message appears.
> Rebooting the computer gives the same result.
>
> Any suggestions of how to decover?

Added a new user. The Gnome desktop starts normally when the new user
logs in. The vga signal is still lost when the original user logs in.

The key must be a stored gnome.session file for each user. It is not in
the user's .config/gnome-session/saved-session directory. That directory
is empty.