Re: Minimal configuration for a laptop

Hi Alex,

If you look for an older laptop, Lenovo ThinkPad may be a good choise.
The 12" models are relatively portable, and the build quality is
fabulous. I've had my old X60T for about 9 years now, and it's still in
daily use. I have changed the disk a few times, the fan once and the
battery twice.

Unfortunately, Lenovo does not support Linux as an option for the
ThinkPad series. But all models I have came across works well with
Debian and other distributions.  (Watch out for the cheaper ThinkPade
Edge series - I have some really bad experiences with some of those).

Jarle

On 01/22/2015 08:22 PM, Alex PADOLY wrote:

> Good evening to all,
>
> Which is according to you the configuration
> minimal to run the current distribution Debian ( stable version) on a
> laptop computer intended mainly for the following activities:
>
> -
> OpenOffice
>
> - Navigation(browsing) intenet, files transfert ftp,
>
> - Use
> of vlc for listen mp3 files and to watch occasionally a movies
>
> -
> Electronic use of simulation softwares (geda, kicad, Xcircuit)
>
> - Use
> freemind
>
> Finally Do you know models of professionnal laptop computer of
> 2007, 2008,2009 and 2010 year. I kook for a laptop computer of which the
> sale price began from 2000 Euros.
>
> Thank you very much!

- --
Jarle Aase                      email: jarle@jgaa.com
Author of Free Software.        http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:                 http://www.warftp.org
Other free software:            http://products.jgaa.com

NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.
<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>