Re: Wheezy is installed

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 18:48:57 Lisi Reisz did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2015 23:44:20 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > > First question:  Does it take a reboot before you can select kdm at
> > > login? I did 2 or 3 logouts & back in without being presented with
> > > a choice.
> >
> > It should normally start up automatically - it's just possible that
> > kdm didn't get installed?
>
> Gene seems to be complaining that he hasn't been offered a choice of
> dm.  if kdm is the only dm installed he wouldn't be offered a choice,
> surely?  Or have I misunderstood?
>
> Lisi

When it worked, it was 100% gnome gdm I assume, which it is not now until
I can figure out a way to bypass the broken partitioner.  And I am not
going to waste another 8-10 hours trying until someone tells me how to
bypass it, and just format whats already setup.

That speech thingy that reads everything on screen must be a gnomeish
thing too, but that, while novel, only takes about 10 minutes to wear out
its welcome. I purposely bypassed that on this install, and got it anyway.

Thanks Lisi.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)