Re: Wheezy is installed

On 20/01/15 07:46 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 20 January 2015 18:44:20 Andrew M.A. Cater did opine
And Gene did reply:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 06:17:06PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

Along with around 1300 other pkgs because I like kde yadda yadda.

First question:  Does it take a reboot before you can select kdm at
login? I did 2 or 3 logouts & back in without being presented with a
choice.
It should normally start up automatically - it's just possible that kdm
didn't get installed?

apt-get install kdm should fix it :)

2nd question: Since I am used to 10 workspaces, where is the
workspace creator?
Type workspace into the search

Virtual Desktop should come up

3rd question, that speech synth is driving me nuts, so how do I shut
that thing off?
Speech synthesiser might be kmouth, I don't know because I haven't got
it running.

apt-get remove kmouth ?

There is no doubt more, but I'm back on Lucid ATM.
Hope this helps, all the best,

AndyC
Thanks for the reply AndyC, but it self-destructed when I tried to fix the
alignment, so bad that blkid cannot find it.  I am going to have to find
some more patience before I tackle this again. probably not with wheezy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

It doesn't take patience. It just takes using the installer correctly. You seem to be having immense difficulty with the user interface, which I found to quite easy to manage but people do have various notions of what is the best way to do things.

Please note that a graphical desktop is NOT installed by default. You have to select it in the task selector.