Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015, Gene Heskett wrote:
> and leave you with a miss-aligned disk that writes like its full of
> molsasses. Fdisk complains, gdisk will fix it, but what good does that
> do you when there is NO WAY AROUND the partitioner in the installer.

Of course there is.

In general, the partitioner can just use your existing partitions. If
for some reason, you've partitioned your existing partitions in a way
that it is unable to figure out, then you can just

1) use expert mode

2) skip the partitioner entirely

3) mount your partitions directly on /target,

4) continue with the install selecting the remaining steps manually in
order without rerunning the partitioner.

If you're still having trouble, the actual logs will be more helpful.
See https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch06s03.html.en#di-miscellaneous

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
up where I needed to be.
 -- Douglas Adams _The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul_