Re: Laptop advice

> I mentioned in another post to use the Windows software to shrink its size
> to make room for Linux. That's still what I recommend. However:
> Does GParted work with the UEFI/GPT system? If not, is there a Linux program
> that does? One would wish not to have to go to Windows for any future
> partitioning needs on that drive.

Maybe it is possible, to switch off UEFI in the BIOS just for the partitioning
part. After it, install, use an UEFI-grub-bootloader and switch it on again.

However, I do not know, if gparted can handle GPT-partitions.

I never owned Win8! And Win7 should still use NTFS, which should be cause no
problems.

However, I already saw a laptop without the possibility to switch off UEFI in
the BIOS. What I thinking of that, I am not allowed to tell here. :)

> --doug

Hans