Re: A capability in the IMAP protocol.

On Vi, 02 ian 15, 12:01:28, Peter Easthope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the IMAP protocol allow retrieving a message, body included, from
> a server and then deleting from the server while keeping on the client?
> This might be described as simulating a POP behavour in IMAP.
>
> If the protocol allows this, is the capability implemented in most clients?

I've been using getmail to do this:

[retriever]
type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
server = imap.example.com
username = xxxxx@example.com
password = xxxxxxxxxxx

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/maildrop

[options]
read_all = false
delete_after = 1

but I have the strong feeling this is an XY problem.

Kind regards,
Andrei