Re: Fwd: Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/30/2014 5:37 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 29 dec 14, 22:06:55, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>
>> No, from what I've seen, the default is to do preventative fscks,
>> depending on the number of boots (and time? I'm not sure).
>
> Could you please show us where you've seen this? For the record, again,
> from the e2fsprogs changelog:

Multiple times in on this mailing list.

> e2fsprogs (1.42~WIP-2011-07-02-1) unstable; urgency=low
>   * Mke2fs will now create file systems that enable user namespace
>       extended attributes and with time- and mount count-based file
>       system checks disabled.
>  -- Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>  Sat, 02 Jul 2011 22:38:57 -0400
>
> Of course, if you have filesystems created with earlier e2fsprogs you'll
> still have the periodic checks enabled, but they are easy to disable
> with tune2fs.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

This is the first time I've seen this fix.  I've seen other means of
using tune2fs, such as setting to a high number and resetting the count
on each reboot.  But I hadn't seen that it could be disabled this way.

This fixes my immediate problem.  But as I've said before - there are
other reasons my clients don't like the way Debian is going, and the
decision has already been made to look at another distro.  And I have to
be developing on the same distros they are using.

Jerry