Re: Fwd: Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Lu, 29 dec 14, 22:06:55, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> No, from what I've seen, the default is to do preventative fscks,
> depending on the number of boots (and time? I'm not sure).

Could you please show us where you've seen this? For the record, again,
from the e2fsprogs changelog:

e2fsprogs (1.42~WIP-2011-07-02-1) unstable; urgency=low
  * Mke2fs will now create file systems that enable user namespace
      extended attributes and with time- and mount count-based file
      system checks disabled.
 -- Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>  Sat, 02 Jul 2011 22:38:57 -0400

Of course, if you have filesystems created with earlier e2fsprogs you'll
still have the periodic checks enabled, but they are easy to disable
with tune2fs.

Kind regards,
Andrei