Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/10/14 14:10, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
Christian Groessler writes:

  > To get the machine to boot again, I had to enter the BIOS, disable the
  > network card there,

Hmmm... you could have tried with a single user mode bootstrap, that
could have avoided you going to the BIOS.

That was in fact the first thing I tried.

But the network interfaces are brought up in single user mode as well. So I got the same
hang and no prompt.

(Why single user mode brings the network interfaces up is another dubious story...)

  > Quite a dance instead of just typing "^C"....

^C could be unresponsive nevertheless, the process being stuck in kernel
space and thus completely oblivious of the signals thrown at it.

This would be a different problem hinting at a kernel bug...

regards,
chris