Re: Failed to install VLC from wheezy backports

On 12/08/2014 11:30 AM, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install a recent VLC on my wheezy box, but:

root@tony-fr:~# apt-get -t wheezy-backports install vlc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

<snippage>
Anyone know how to fix this?

I upgraded to Jessie over the very same problem. VLC for wheezy was making me crazy. No problems to report other than some initial burps due to the massive upgrade. Keep a live boot DVD for Jessie handy. If you come to need it, it's best to have created one previous. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256