RE: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

Hi Rick,

>> You've never had to reboot  a room of 100 servers with a specific
>> odrder and see that the second one just began a 2h long fsck ?
>
> I run all virtualized proxmox server clusters. If one dumps out, to play with itself fsck'ing, the others pick up the slack if there are 3 or more nodes. :) Ric

That nice for you :) But I do not have that luxury. I run several Debian machines on iron and not in a cluster.
That may be a risc but... Debian has been very stable and the hardware has a good reputation and support contract. In the past 10 years we have had only 2 incidents at all our sites that were "inconvenient". Trying to get it all running in a cluster on virtual hardware would have probably created more problems than it would have solved due to increased system management. :-(

> "Nice, nice, very very nice, they all fit together in the same device."
> ~ Bokonon

All other stuff does indeed run virtualized on a VMware platform, just not the stuff we primarily use Debian for. ;-)

Bonno Bloksma