Re: no microphone in skype

> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Renaud  OLGIATI
> <renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

>>> I use Skype mostly for video calls. For some reason, the quality from
>>> skype is way better than Google Hangouts. If it is not Microsoft code,
>>> you will be using Google's code. Both of them are proprietary. So I do
>>> not see what the big gain is here.
>>
>> And anyway the computers of most of my Skype correspondents are infectes
>> with the Windows virus...
>>

> Sure, that might as well be the case! But it is not the topic of this
> thread. My intention is to get a working version of Skype on this
> Debian machine. I do not want this thread to become a platform for
> another OS flamewar.
>
> raju
>

> --
> Archive:
> [🔎] CABpbYad6OXB36q0H4N2q7Fg4RzzqZHB5LJWS09jeH5dncL_-zQ@mail.gmail.com">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] CABpbYad6OXB36q0H4N2q7Fg4RzzqZHB5LJWS09jeH5dncL_-zQ@mail.gmail.com

Given that Micrishite took o0ver skype, to sabotage it, and, then,
went out of its way to sabotage skype, have you indicated whether your
microphone works with any other application on Debian?

If your microphone does work with other applications on Debian, then
iot may be that it is just part of the Microshite sabotage, that your
microphone does not work with skype.

If your microphone does not work with other applications on Debian,
then that may be where the problem lies; an incompatible microphone.

Before Microshite sabotaged skype, with using (successfully, before
the sabotage) skype 2.2, running on Debian 6, I was successfully using
a headset that included a microphone, which headset does not use USB,
but instead, I think, RCA sockets and plugs (one for the microphone,
and one for the sound out).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale