Re: no microphone in skype

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> wrote:

> While I have no specific suggestions for you, I can confirm that Skype
> works with my debian wheezy ver. 7.7 and xfce desktop on my laptop:
>> ralph@spike2 ~$ dpkg -l skype \*pulseaudio\* | grep ^ii
>> ii  gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio:amd64        0.10.31-3+nmu1                     amd64        GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
>> ii  pulseaudio                            2.0-6.1                            amd64        PulseAudio sound server
>> ii  pulseaudio-module-x11                 2.0-6.1                            amd64        X11 module for PulseAudio sound server
>> ii  pulseaudio-utils                      2.0-6.1                            amd64        Command line tools for the PulseAudio sound server
>> ii  skype                                 4.3.0.37-1                         i386         Wherever you are, wherever they are

I tried downgrading pulseaudio from Jessie's 5.0-13 to Wheezy's
2.0-6.1 . But apt-get wants to remove almost all of the KDE (over 256
packages) to achieve that. So I decided not to do this.

Is skype 4.3.0.37-1 working for anyone running Jessie with the
following pulseaudio version?

rajulocal@hogwarts:~$ pulseaudio --version
pulseaudio 5.0