Re: Installing Linux on a Mac Mini without OSX

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:51:11 +0000
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> You might be in luck - I'm looking into installer stuff right now and
> I've literally just got an Intel Mac Mini like yours last night to
> play with. To the best of my knowledge, the Mac Mini you've got *is*
> EFI capable, but doesn't work in quite the way we'd normally expect.
>
> To confirm that, could you try the wheezy installer CD again for me
> please?

It hasn't come up yet in this thread, but I just noticed that the CD
I've been using is labeled (by me) "7.0.0 i386".  I should probably get
a more recent version.
A related question: i386 or amd64?  Do you have a
recommendation/preference?

I don't have any plans to run non-opensource software.