Re: There is no choice

On Tuesday 23 September 2014 14:53:15 Joe wrote:
> As Lisi and others have pointed out, the
> design of systemd and the decision of Debian to make systemd the
> 'default', or in practice the only init system, are set in stone.
> There's nothing to discuss.

I have never said anything of the kind.  I have said only that it is up to the
developers to decide what they do.  They are volunteers.

If someone wants to maintain or develop something else, then obviously they
can.  There is no stone about it.  But DO something constructive.  Maintain
sysvinit.  Write patches for the applications that depend on systend so that
they do not depend on systemd.  Etc.  But stop winging.  Stop taking over
this list with endless useless complaints.

And listen to what anyone else is saying.  You want to be heard.  Hear others.

Lisi