Re: Threading using digest and kmail (was Re: Exim4 not routing local mail ... )

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 12:38:16 -0400
AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> wrote:

Hello AW,

>lists.  So, I don't know what I'm doing with regards to top/bottom
>postings, quoting, etc...  There are many good reasons why a particular

Based on  that and what you go on to say, it's obvious you're willing to
learn about what is or isn't acceptable in various places.  Highly
commendable.

On the non-tech lists I referred to in my post there are plenty of
people that simply have no idea how to configure their MUA (or web i/f
if that's what they use).  They simply mash away at the keyboard and
hope for the best.  Even if I had access to the software they use, any
attempt to walk them through a sensible set-up procedure would
undoubtedly fail.  Given the various issues with quote styles, etc. my
strategy is to ignore their posts;  Life's too short to try and fathom
who said what to whom in their mails.  I may miss out on a few gems of
info, but that's my problem.

--
 Regards  _
Keep your drink just give em the money