Re: Threading using digest and kmail (was Re: Exim4 not routing local mail ... )

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:42:53 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:14:20 +0300
> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
> >Or is there some header or marker I should be hitting as well?
>
> Reference and/or Reply-To headers.  The digest, depending on /exactly/
> how it as constructed and /exactly/ how you reply, won't necessarily
> carry the right headers to put your response into the original thread.
> In fact, more often than not, they don't.
>
> Unfortunately, simply changing the Subject to the correct one is
> rarely enough.   :-(

Yes, but *not* changing the Subject is an atrocity. I've often thought
of piping everything with digest type Subjects to /dev/null. Another
atrocity is these guys who leave the entire digest intact when replying.

SteveT