Re: Retaining Older Kernels After Image Update

>I've noticed that when I upgrade a kernel image, the prior one appears
>to be removed.  So, at any time there is only one kernel image in /boot.

As stated by others; certainly old kernel is not removed after upgrade, you might be doing something
tricky..

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:
[ Wheezy;  3.2.0-4-amd64 ]

I've noticed that when I upgrade a kernel image, the prior one appears
to be removed.  So, at any time there is only one kernel image in /boot.

Just in case (unlikely I know) a new kernel has "problems", I'd like to
retain, say, the last three prior images in /boot.  Other *nix systems
required me to manually delete unneeded images ...

Looking around, I thought I might find a GRUB option to do this.  No luck.

Thanks for your ideas/help!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker (ret)   khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept         www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj